Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzel Bites
by Remi Idowu
- 350ml Warm Water
- 10g Easy Bake Yeast
- 20g Brown Sugar
- 30g unsalted butter (melted)
- 650g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 Egg
Baking Soda Bath
- 60g Baking Soda
- 2L Water
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 75g light brown sugar
- 60g unsalted butter (melted)
- Dissolve your yeast in your warm water in a large bowl. Stir together for about 1 minute until mostly combined.
- In a large bowl or bowl of an electric mixer add sugar and butter and stir everything together then lastly add yeast mixture.
- Place dough hook on stand mixer and knead dough on medium speed for 8 minutes.
- Add in your flour, ⅓ at a time until dough is thick and no longer sticky.
- Dough should form into a ball. If it's too sticky, add in 2 tablespoons more bread flour or if too wet add 15ml of milk.If you don’t want to use an electric mixer, you can use your hands to knead the dough for 8-10 minutes on a well-floured surface.
- Transfer dough ball to a well-oiled bowl and cover with warm towel, preferably in a dark place. Allow dough to rise for 30 mins.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Bring water and baking soda to a boil in large pan.
Cut your dough ball into 6 sections.
Roll each section into long ropes about 30cm-40cm long
- Cut each rope into about 3cm pieces. (they expand when in the baking sode bath so dont make them too large!).
- Drop one rope worth of pretzel bites into your baking soda bath and let sit until they float to the top,roughly around 10-20 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Beat together your egg and brush egg over each pretzel bite.
Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until pretzel tops are a nice golden brown.
- In one small bowl, mix together sugars and cinnamon and in another small bowl fill with melted butter.
Dip each pretzel bite into melted butter then into cinnamon sugar mixture.
Set back on tray and repeat with additional pretzel bites.