CHOCOLATE FUDGE MUFFINS WITH PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERCREAM
by Remi Idowu
Chocolate Fudge Muffins
- 250g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g light brown soft sugar
- 75g good quaity cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 354ml soured cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 60ml sunflower/vegetable oil
- 200g chocolate chips
- 150g soften butter to room temperature
- 50g smooth peanut butter
- 300g Icing sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 celcius and line a muffin case with 12 muffin liners.
- Add your flour, baking powder, salt, sugars and cocoa powder in a bowl and stir with a spoon.
- In a small bowl mix your soured cream,oil, egg and vanilla then pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients.
- Mix until incorpareted butif lumpy dont overmix as muffin mixtures are often lumpy, these aren't light cupcakes.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and fold them through.
- Spread mixture between your muffin liners, filling each till around ¾ full.
- Top with a few more choc chips if you wish and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking in a bowl add softened butter, half the icing sugar and peanut butter.
- Beat until well incorporated the add remaining icing sugar.
- When muffins have cooled pipe buttercream onto muffins and top with your favourite peanut butter chocolates! I used Reeses buttercups and pieces.